New River Animal Hospital will continue to stay open to serve the pets of our community. However, we will NOT be accepting nail trim appointments, grooming appointments or boarding appointments until further notice. Other elective procedures will be rescheduled on a case by case basis. If you would like to discuss with us whether your appointment can wait, please call us.
We will be adopting a curbside/drop-off service protocol to ensure the safety of staff and clients, both. The protocol will be as follows:
1. Upon arrival, please call us at 304-466-0251. If you do not have a cell phone, you may beep your car horn.
2. History and any concerns will be taken over the phone by a receptionist. Once all pertinent info has been gathered and discussed, a technician will bring your pet inside the building.
3. Once diagnosis and treatment have been performed, the receptionist will call to collect payment over the phone, then transfer the call to a doctor (if needed) to discuss necessary information.
4. The tech will then take the pet back to your vehicle with any medications, etc.
**Exceptions include euthanasia in which the owner is allowed in the building but will be given gloves and a mask.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Hopefully, things can get back to normal very soon. Stay healthy and God bless.
New River Animal Hospital, your preferred Nimitz veterinarian.
New River Animal Hospital is a modern small animal health facility dedicated to the well-being of pets as well as their owners. Our hospital has seen thousands of pets since opening in 1988. We emphasize client education, preventive medicine, semi-annual physical examinations, and vaccinations. We provide complete medical, radiological, dental, surgical, and nutritional services for cats, dogs, and other small companion animals. We also provide professional grooming and boarding services.
We’re proud of our hospital and the level of care we provide patients and clients. Our purpose is to provide your pet with outstanding quality care and to provide our clients with superlative customer service through compassion, friendliness, and sensitivity. This is why we start every puppy and kitten off with a free care kit, courtesy of NRAH.
Stay up-to-date with your pet’s health!
At New River Animal Hospital we want to help you have complete access to your pet’s medical records and health. That’s why we recommend VitusVet. VitusVet allows you to:
- Have access to your pets’ medical records 24/7
- Request refills and appointments from your phone
- Set reminders for pet medications
- And more!
Your kind words mean so much to us!
Did you have a wonderful experience at New River Animal Hospital? Please leave us a review on Google by clicking the button below!
Your preferred Nimitz veterinarian!
New River Animal Hospital is a modern small animal health facility dedicated to the well-being of pets as well as their owners. Our hospital has seen thousands of pets since opening in 1988.
Contact our friendly team today!
Mon: 8:30 am-1:00 pm + 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
Tues: 8:30 am-1:00 pm + 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
Wed: 8:30 am-1:00 pm + 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
Thurs: 8:30 am-1:00 pm + 2:00 pm-5:00 pm
Fri: 8:30 am-1:00 pm + 2:00 pm-5:00 pm